November 4, 2011
Westlife: We won't reform after our farewell concerts next year
THOSE wooden stools can now officially be turned into sawdust – DA LOIFE say they will never return as a band following their farewell tour.
The lads have ruled out doing a Take That-style comeback in years to come.
Even if they were offered all the potatoes in Ireland. That's it.
Kian Egan said: "We walked away from a multi-million-pound record deal that would have changed our lives for ever, secured our future beyond anything.
"It's not about the money. We'd have made far more on a new record than we ever would with a comeback tour."
The boyband say there are no hard feelings behind the split.
They're just exhausted from years of recording, touring and plugging their ballads.
Shane Filan said: "We've been doing this for 14 years.
"It had been bubbling for a long time — there was an intuition that all wasn't happy in the camp. Getting on stage is still amazing but that was the only part of the job we were enjoying."
Mark Feehily added: "The last few years have been very stressful.
"We'd talk through things to the point of tears, being brutally honest with each other.
"We never had physical fights — we never even had a talking fight about the break-up."
At least fans can take comfort from seeing their heroes on stage as solo stars in the future.
Shane said: "The first person to decide to do a solo record, the other three will all be there.
"Everyone's thought about going solo — I would love to continue singing for a living."
Kian is the only band member to have a job lined up — a judge on the Irish version of The Voice.
But in the meantime, they're concentrating all their efforts on the Farewell Tour.
And, to end all the speculation, the lads have made it clear former bandmate Brian McFadden won't be anywhere near it.
Kian said: "We still text him and stuff, but he's not coming back."
More food to go round, then.
credit/source(s): thesun.co.uk | twitter.com/TeamWestlife79 | Westlife Philippines (WLPH)