UPCOMING WESTLIFE SHOWS

Nicky on Strictly Come Dancing 2012. Don't forget to VOTE for NICKY 09015225202 or Mobile 6225202

October 4, 2012

Strictly star’s Nicky-name

By COLIN ROBERTSON

STRICTLY’S Nicky Byrne has been nicknamed GLITTERBALLS thanks to his slinky moves on the dance floor.

The former Westlife star was given the moniker by his sister-in-law.

And she is not the only one taking the mickey — Nicky’s wife of nine years, Georgina, has been mocking him for his daft dance clobber.

But the singer says Georgina loves his transformation from bar stool crooner to ballroom dancer.

He said: “My wife is buzzing with excitement. She will come to all the shows — we are very much a team.

“Her sister, Cecelia, nicknamed me Glitterballs and now that’s the running joke in my family.

“I like to put a smile on their faces.”

Nicky admits he needs a new wardrobe: “After seeing my first dance, Georgina could not stop laughing for ten minutes “She told me, ‘Seriously, you need to change your style’.

“And when I watched myself afterwards, I was like, ‘Oh no!’ I had Cuban heels with ankle socks and shorts! My legs looked so white. I am not sure I am ready for fake tan yet but everyone tells me the wall does come down eventually.

“I guess a lick of paint is not the worst thing in the world.”

Nicky will perform the waltz on the first live show with dance partner Karen Hauer. The raven-haired World Mambo champion is new to the show’s professional line-up.

Nicky says he is finding ballroom far harder than singing on stage.

He said: “Early on with Westlife it was challenging and this is definitely a different kind of challenge. It’s hard. Karen is great. She is patient but she is no walkover either.

“She won’t let me sit and have a coffee. I am putting in five hours of training every day. But I love it.”

Nicky says that years of performing in a boy band have been no help to him at all: “When we sang in a TV studio, it was always a ballad and so we were either sitting on stools or standing.

“When we were on tour, we danced but we didn’t have anyone judging us and it was all a bit of fun.

“This is completely different.

“Kimberley Walsh from Girls Aloud is in a similar position to me, only she went to stage school too.

“I love all the rivalry that is going on with Kimberley and I.”

Credit/Source: www.thesun.co.uk | westlife.gr

No comments:

Post a Comment